Sunday, November 6, 2011

36 Weeks/Carson's Go Cloth

Well we've hit the 36 week mark! Technically we should have 4 weeks left, but in all actuality, we have a week. Levi's little kidney still isn't doing what we want it to, so we're having him at 37 weeks. We decided that we would rather deal with him being small than risk something happening to that kidney. This week we have a lot to do to prepare for Levi, yet I have no idea where to start! i know that i would really like to get the house cleaned. Although this seems to always be something that I want to do, it's something that I never really have enough motivation to do! I did get some organizational stuff done yesterday, that was good.

As for the Carson's go cloth part of this blog post, we got our stash of cloth diapers! At least the first part of our stash. We've decided to cloth diaper based on a few factors. Disposable diapers gross John out. He HATES them. He has had some gross experiences with them. Another factor is the cost. To cloth diaper will cost us about $200 total. This can get us through 2 or 3 kids. Disposables can cost us to $2000 per child. Since we plan on having more kids, we will come out ahead. Something else that influenced our decision was the fact that it won't cost us anymore in laundry. We have an HE washer and dryer, so an extra load every two days won't make a difference. We had been discussing cloth diapering for a few weeks and then I met someone who cloth diapers in real life. These people are few and far between! once we got to talking she showed me a few tricks of the trade, then ended up GIVING me her entire newborn stash! This means that until he hits 18 lbs, I probably won't have to buy anything. We will be what I call a "hybrid family", meaning that there will be occasions that we use disposables. These will be times when we are traveling somewhere where we won't have access to laundry facilities. Also, when we use the daycare at the YMCA, I'm not sure what their guidelines are on cloth diapers. I will get some pictures taken soon of our diapers (probably once he gets here) and I'll post more information on the type of diapers that we got. I am very excited about cloth diapering, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask them, I'll try to get them answered as quickly as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment