Before I was Mom...
- I knew that my kids would always be well fed, they'd have enough and it'd be healthy.
- I vowed that we would eat at home as often as possible
- I knew that I'd find the perfect daycare provider so I wouldn't miss a beat at work
- I promised myself that my kid would never get away with things, even in public
- I promised to keep my house clean, and to pick up toys every night
- I knew that I would never let my kids sleep in my bed
- I was going to keep them on a schedule, they needed to fit into my life
- I was still going to see all of my "pre-baby" friends
- And most of all, I'd raise them to love the Lord.
Then I had a sick kid.
Now that I'm Mom of one perfect boy, and one baby girl on the way I've learned...
- I'm lucky if my kid eats anything. Tonight a piece of cheese was a huge win
- I'm thankful our town has more than one McDonald's, so I don't seem like I go to any one too often
- Work wasn't worth it. Between doctor's appointments and Levi being sick, home is a good place to be
- Levi totally climbed across a table at a meeting tonight. And I wasn't even mad.
- My house isn't clean. It never is. There are toys everywhere. But it's home.
- After getting up 3 times before 4am the other day, Levi ended up in bed with me.
- The only schedule we keep around here is Levi's feeding and medicine schedule.
- I'm glad most of my friends are having babies right now, then they still want to hang out with me
- We are raising our children to love the Lord. If there was anything I was going to get right, I'm glad this was it.