Saturday, December 19, 2009
Any Christmas traditions anyone cares to share?
Jesus is the Reason for the Season!
"...and they will call him Immanuel"--which means, "God with us."
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Today and yesterday we went shopping for Kels' wedding gown! It's tough. I'm quite thankful that I lived in Houston and could go shopping here. There is just not a lot here, and we have to find the perfect one, so not a clue what we're going to do about it. Oh well. keep hoping and praying...
Monday, October 5, 2009
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Another thing that has been difficult is a death that we are dealing with. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/houstonchronicle/obituary.aspx?n=brianna-nichole-becker&pid=133609333 This is the obituary for a girl that we grew up with in church. She was just a month younger than I am. Her funeral is today. This makes the second death this year of a kid our age that we know. Please keep the Becker family in your prayers.
We are also facing my sister's deployment. She has been on the short-list for quite sometime now. Yesterday they told her that she will ship out on January 16, 2010 and will return February 2011. This also creates some problems as far as our wedding goes. She wants us to move the wedding so that she can be in it. I realy want her to be in it, but am worried about moving the wedding date, again. Ugh!
Hope that everything works out soon. Praying harder.
Monday, September 28, 2009
On the other side of things, I have the privilege of working nights currently. I mean privilege with all sincerity. I get to see the sun set, and the sunrise everyday. Please believe me when I say that the time just before the dawn is some of the prettiest time of the day. Usually I take this time to go out to my car. I can see the stars, feel the cool breeze, and hear the silence. It is moving to know that God created that moment in time for me, knowing that I would be outside to enjoy it.
The reason that I thought of this was because it reminds me a lot of our walks with God. We walk just fine with him until we realize that we are in a dark spot. We are scared of walking through or towards darkness. But what if we all walked through darkness knowing that the dawn is going to be the most glorious of all?
Friday, September 25, 2009
Thursday, September 24, 2009
- My two best friends, Adam and Kels got engaged this past week! What a blessing! They are looking at a June wedding.
- Adam and Kels asked John and I to be in their wedding! Knowing that people love you enough that they want you up there with them, now that's a cool feeling!
- John and I set a final date and have things in motion. March 20, 2010, WEDDING TIME!
- The weather has become beautiful and cool in the past few days, another huge blessing!
- John is mostly moved into our new house
- Working nights is difficult. I sometimes get frustrated because I feel like I don't have time for everyone around me
- I start nursing school next month, please pray for me!