Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Traditions...

As I sit here on the 19th of December, I feel quite weird. I'm in Kansas. Just a few days from Christmas. The thing that seems odd about this is that I've never been away from home this close to Christmas. As John and I prepare for marriage we begin forming our own Christmas traditions. Some of them are silly, such as cutting out snowflakes, not using things that have santa on them, putting up Christmas lights. Others are more serious, decorate and choose the tree together, purchase gifts that mean something to other people, not just more useless junk, buy the minimum amount of gifts needed. Making peppermint bark together, having dinner together, attend midnight mass, go Christmas light looking. Right now it's just the two of us, so a lot of these things are together things. Things for the two of us. Then there are things that are for everyone, visit some of the older people from church, be assisting ministers during the holiday season, call our family more. I'm lucky I got him. Even on the days when I wonder how this is going to work, I'm thankful for a wonderful, gracious God, and a fiance that's the same. The unconditional love that is exhibited towards me is amazing.

Any Christmas traditions anyone cares to share?





Jesus is the Reason for the Season!

"...and they will call him Immanuel"--which means, "
God with us."
Matthew 23:1

No comments:

Post a Comment