Monday, September 28, 2009

The Night

The night is darkest just before the dawn. Through life, and working nights I have come to see this as a true statement in two ways. Through life I have come to see it as how God gets me through tough times. I know that when things seem the darkest, the good is coming through. Something that comes to mind happened two years ago. John, Aaron, Kels, and I were all working at the same camp. John quit, quite suddenly, in the middle of the camp season. I felt as though I had just lost a part of me. Then, when I felt as though the bottom was near God brought me closer to Kels, a friendship that I am eternally grateful for. Next, He also took the relationship that I had with John to a new level. We went from doing everything together to having to take the time to get to know each other on a deeper and more personal level.
On the other side of things, I have the privilege of working nights currently. I mean privilege with all sincerity. I get to see the sun set, and the sunrise everyday. Please believe me when I say that the time just before the dawn is some of the prettiest time of the day. Usually I take this time to go out to my car. I can see the stars, feel the cool breeze, and hear the silence. It is moving to know that God created that moment in time for me, knowing that I would be outside to enjoy it.

The reason that I thought of this was because it reminds me a lot of our walks with God. We walk just fine with him until we realize that we are in a dark spot. We are scared of walking through or towards darkness. But what if we all walked through darkness knowing that the dawn is going to be the most glorious of all?

No comments:

Post a Comment