Friday, October 21, 2011

34 Weeks

WE DID IT!!!!! Sorry for all the exclamation points, I hate it when people (me) do that! We've made it 34 weeks, as of tomorrow. This is huge. This means that if we go into preterm labor again, we can have Levi here in town! I'm having to resist the urge to get up and do a happy dance. Forget it, happy dance done!

We had our first real fall and cold days this week! The fall days were great, the day it didn't get above 35* until after noon was even better!

This week I feel like I got quite a bit of housekeeping items done. The nesting phase is here for sure. It's odd how it's happening though. First, I had to get Levi's room completely ready to go. It's cleaned and organized, except for carpets being shampooed and vacuumed. That's something that John will have to do because it requires odd angles of stomach bending that I just can't do anymore! Then I got my car cleaned out. If you've seen my car in the past two months, you know this in itself was a huge accomplishment. The only part of that left to do is to vacuum it all and wash the windows. Part of which, once again, John will have to help me with. I also (finally) got a diaper bag this week! If you have ever had to shop for a diaper bag then you know that there's a lot that goes into it. You have to have something big enough to hold everything, but small enough to take places. You have to decide if this will also be your purse for the next 2 years, or if this is strictly the diaper bag. Does dad need to like it enough to carry it too? How much are you willing to spend? This was the biggest deciding factor for me. I found tons of bags that I loved, but they ranged from $55-300. No matter how cute the bag was, I wasn't willing to spend that kind of money on something that risked getting poop on it. I also knew that I didn't want to get a cheapo-depot one from WalMart because of how quickly they fall apart. I ended up finding this SkipHop one online and fell in love with it!
One of the most appealing factors about it was you can remove the shoulder strap and it clips right onto your stroller handle. This is great because then you're not having to get under the stroller every time you need something from it. I'm planning on using this as my purse when I'm out with Levi, so having the option of having my stuff within reach was great! The best part of this bag was the price. I found it online for about $60. More than I wanted to spend. Then, I was in Target and they had it on sale for $35! I was stoked! This was much more budget friendly. To make things even better, I had gift cards that paid for the majority of it. Now the bag is in my nursery with stuff in it. Only thing left to do there is to cut the tags off. If you know me, my buyers remorse usually gets the best of me, so I'm waiting until that passes before I cut the tags off. Or, John will cut them off for me so I can't return things. My next goal is to get my living room purged of everything that I don't need. I mean everything. Extra dishes, books, fabric. Everything. Then to get the living room carpets vacuumed and shampooed (thank you, John, for volunteering to do that).

We also had our first weekly NST this week, and it went great! Levi let them find his heartbeat, he kicked a ton, and made me sick with all the movement. I couldn't have asked for better results! Next week we have our first BPP and we're praying that goes just as well.

I think this is the last bit of news for this week, I got to go back to work part-time! Woo-hoo! I can't sit still long enough to not be doing something, so work was a really great way to break up the monotony of the days. I'm back at the YMCA now, and I can't believe that I ever left! I love seeing all of the members, staff and my friends again. For November I get to actually be on the schedule again, I feel like a real staff member! I'm also excited to start working out again once Levi gets here. Fingers crossed that on Tuesday doctor will tell me that things look good enough that I can start walking a mile or so each day, now. I hope so!

Okay, I think that's everything for this week. I'll try to get another post out after the doctor on Tuesday. We'll have a lot more information on stuff then. Oh, also, pictures of my Halloween fun-fetti cake coming soon! I love cake time!

No comments:

Post a Comment