Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Everything Changes...

When we first found out that we were pregnant, people kept telling me how much this baby would change things. I already knew that, to some extent. I really had no idea how much though. We knew from the beginning that Levi was special. He was not somebody that we ever expected to be in our lives, yet he already is. After many doctor's appointments we've learned that he's not just special because God has blessed us with him, but God has made him different than many people, physically. You see, Levi will only have one kidney. This is not something that is life threatening, just different. We'll have to watch some of his activities, he'll probably have to have a surgery as a baby to remove some blockage, and he may have to eat differently as an adult. Nothing we can't handle. Although, the idea of putting my baby through surgery gets me nerve-racked already! We're looking at a lot of doctors appointments in the first few years of his life. His body just doesn't work how you would expect a baby's to work growing inside of mama. Because of both of our bodies being under extra stress, we've had some ups and downs. Last weekend we went into preterm labor at just under 28 weeks. That was scary. After a night in the hospital they got everything slowed down and we're both fine. He was so good and calm through the entire process. Most babies will freak out at some point and their heart rate can drop or skyrocket. Not Levi. He was so constant and calm. He just kept hanging out in my belly, doing what he's supposed to do. I am done working for at least a few weeks at this point though. We need to give him every extra day that we can. God's protecting us in ways that I never dreamed we'd need protection, and I am so grateful. God's giving me this time with my son to learn to calm down and focus on Him before the baby's born. We'll take any extra prayers right now that Levi stays healthy and that I stay calm here at home. We are really trying to keep in mind that we are made strong in our weaknesses.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Levi's crib in his all painted room! The whole room is this color blue, love it!

Mama at 28 weeks. He's getting big and strong quickly! I can feel it more and more each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment