Saturday, August 14, 2010

Summertime

I remember being young and my dad taking us fishing during the summers. And when we got to visit him, my grandpa took us fishing too. It was a great time. We would catch the fish, Dad would get them off the hook for us, we'd be thrilled that we had just caught a three inch long perch. It was pure bliss. One of the first acts of kindness I can recall was Dad and Grandpa went fishing one day and were not catching hardly anything, and they'd been fishing for our dinner! They got to talking to the guy fishing next to them and he was catching much bigger fish. He ended up giving Dad and Grandpa a bucket full of fish to bring home to us. Anyways, John and I have started fishing together a lot lately. Last night when we were fishing we had a perfect sunset to go with it.





My excellent, handsome fishing partner:


I think it's safe to say, it's easy to see that there's a God, and he's smiling down on us.

"I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun, not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else." ~C.S. Lewis (brilliant man)

No comments:

Post a Comment