Saturday, October 27, 2012

Ministry through Mary Kay

I want to share a little bit with y'all as to why Mary Kay is important to me. Mary Kay is my opportunity to stay home with Levi. We know that a point in time will come (maybe has come?) when Levi will require more intensive care than a daycare can provide. When that time comes, I still need to be able to help support our family, Mary Kay is providing me the chance to put God first, Family second, and career third. God has also provided me with an opportunity to use Mary Kay to help other families. Through facebook, I have also gotten to connect with other Kidney Mamas. As I get to know these moms, I realize that I'm not the only mom that feels alone. Many of our husbands have to go back to work while we're still in the hospital with our babies. Some of us have to be the bad guy that hold our child down 5 days in a row for blood work. And let me just tell you, it sucks. My goal is to be able to have a successful enough business that I can donate items for fundraisers for our kidney babies, and also to be able to afford to travel to meet these moms, and help raise awareness about Kidney Disease. I don't ever want to hear about a mom having to hear bad news, go through a surgery, or endure a hospital stay alone. Finally, I want to help empower women. I truly believe that women can accomplish anything that they set their minds to. I want to help other women reach their potential as mother, wives and servants of God. I also want to help women feel their best. And as y'all know, when we look better, we feel better! So, if you have questions about my story, about how Mary Kay can help you and your family, or the Mary Kay opportunity, please don't hesitate to ask.
Picture of Levi and I that Levi took with my computer today :)

2 comments:

  1. God bless you and your family. I work with end stage renal failure patients at a dialysis clinic but my patients are adults you are strong beyond words. I admire you and your strength. I pray your son gets the kidney he needs and continues to live a long happy healthy life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I cannot tell you how much the kind words mean to us, and how encouraging it is to know that people are praying for us!

      Delete