Saturday, September 18, 2010

Job, Java, and Jesus

I feel like things are starting to calm down (finally) around here. John got a job this week. He had his first day yesterday. He is working for someone from our church that owns a lawn care business. John seemed to really enjoy working yesterday. He has always loved being outside, so getting paid to do it is great for him! Gary, the boss, has told John that he'll use him as long as he can, but it should be at least until John can get shipped out. It was kind of nice to see John tired, but happy, at the end of the day yesterday.

I started my weekend job yesterday at the Coffee Club. It is wonderful! The people who own it have their heart set on Christ, and their priorities are straight for sure. It's nice to come into work and the people have a real interest in you, as a person, more than you, as an employee. I enjoy getting to socialize with people, so it provides a nice outlet for that as well. It's only Friday and Saturday nights, so it will be very low-key and low stress!

Now that John's working again, I feel like we're settling back into a routine. John got up this morning and went to help with some stuff at church. I got up and went to the gym. I'm home now for some breakfast, then I'll be running errands and cleaning, lunch with John. This afternoon we're working the concession stands for a softball tournament, then I go to work at the Coffee Club. Tomorrow we have church and then we start the week all over again. I know that it doesn't sound like it, but it is wonderful. We are truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment