Friday, December 16, 2011

Made to Crave

I've written about this book before, but I'm at it again, so I figured that I'd write about it again.

For any lady out there that fights the battle with food, I highly recommend that you read Made to Crave. My husband bought me this book about a year ago, and let me tell you, I was greatly offended. I thought that it was so rude of him. I didn't need a diet book! As I got into it I started to realize that this book was not about another fad diet. This book was about my journey with the Lord. The author, Lysa, talks about changing our lifestyles so that fill our voids with God, not with food. The more that I read out of this book, the more that I realized that she knew. This gal seriously understood about my battle with food. I run to food all the time, when I'm happy, sad, stressed, celebrating, and any emotion in between. I can always find a reason for "just one bite". Where in that am I turning to the Lord? I have a food addiction. I crave food to meet my emotional needs. This is not healthy. My cravings need to be for the Lord. I need to have a desire to get on my knees and turn to Him, not McDonald's. God gave me, ME, this body. If I don't care for it, who will? I have to care for it so that I can care for Levi. My food choices have not been healthy, they have not made me care for this body as God has always cared for me.

At four weeks postpartum I've decided to pick up the book and begin my journey again. I'm making a commitment to start trusting His strength instead of my own. I'm going to turn to Him in times of need, not to a bowl of Blue Bell. So readers, I'm asking you to please pray for me. There will be hard times, and there will be tears. Yes, I will cry having to pass up french fries at some point. In the end, being able to crave the Lord will be so worth it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to read this...I've had it on my Nook for a while but haven't gotten to it. We should become Nook friends so we can share books :)

    ReplyDelete