Tuesday, July 12, 2011

You Kicked Me!

Dear Baby,
For the first time today you kicked me, and hard! I have felt you stretch and roll and settle into place, but today was a first. At first, when you kicked, I was so surprised that I jumped. Then, I couldn't stop laughing. I was so thrilled that your tiny legs were growing strong enough to make your presence known.
I dreamt about your feet this weekend. I could see your little foot through my stomach. I tickled your tiny toes and you quickly pulled your foot back in. What's odd about my experience being kicked today, and that dream, is that in both situations I had the same reaction. At first, shocked, then just overcome with delight!
This week marks week 20 in this pregnancy with you, that means we're halfway done. I'm so excited that I get to meet you soon, but also slightly terrified. Right now, I can keep you safe and warm, inside of me. Soon, I'll have to do the very best I can keeping you safe outside of me. The good news is, you have the very best dad, family, and friends that already love you and are excited to help me keep you safe.
Well, keep moving in there, I can't wait to feel it again. I love you, so much.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment