Sunday, March 13, 2011

Just because I love you...

Doesn't mean I have to like you right now. We've all heard it before. We've been there, on both sides of it. What do we do when we feel that way about ourselves? When we feel as though, I'm stuck with you so let's make the best of it. That is not what God has intended for us. God has made us for more. God has made us to be always loved, and always liked. Now, I'm just a Jesus girl who struggles with the feeling of being disliked everyday. What do we do with those feelings? Do we go buy a new pair of shoes? Do we sit in our closet and cry? Or, are you like me, do you go to the nearest fast food joint and pick up a coke and fries? Well, that is not what God intended for us to do. God loves us unconditionally. God created us, perfectly in His image. When we sit and wallow in what rude comment was directed at us that day, we are showing God that what He thinks is not as important as what the girl at work thinks. This Lent I am challenging myself to turn to God in those moments, instead of turning to food. Instead of dwelling on what was said or done to me, praising my Creator that he made me like this, so perfectly in His image.

No comments:

Post a Comment