Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Back to normal

I know that my idea of 'normal' pre-pregnancy will not be the same 'normal' once Levi is born and home. There are a few things though that I am looking forward to doing (or not doing) once again.

-Running. I so badly miss the early mornings when I would roll out of bed, meet my running partner and we'd walk the first half a mile while complaining about how much we hated running and early mornings. Once we were both at work later that day, there was nothing better than getting to brag about how much further we'd run this time than last, or how much quicker we were getting. Feeling better about ourselves and spending time with God in those early mornings made it all worthwhile!

-Sleeping. On my stomach. Every night.

-Jeans. I cannot wait until I'm back in my regular jeans. I can hear them calling my name, they want me, and I want them. They fit like a glove and I know how they're going to fit. I know what shirts go best, and what's not so flattering with them.

-Baby. Sometimes, it still feels like Levi is just an idea. I cannot wait until he's here and the idea is a reality.

-Wine. I miss having a glass of good wine or a drink with my family and friends. Not getting slammed or anything, but just being able to enjoy a drink over a meal.

-Eating. I get the oddest cravings and I'm ready to not have them anymore. I'm ready to be able to talk myself out of a sandwich or an extra snack, knowing that I'll be okay without it. At this point, I'm not always sure that Levi's okay without it.

-Friends. When I'm not on bed rest I'm going to LBK to see my friends, like I used to get to every week. Best part, Levi gets to come too!

I have really enjoyed this pregnancy for the most part. I am so excited to have the tiny blessing of Levi in my arms soon. I am still in awe that God has given me the opportunity to be his mama. I cannot wait.

Side note- verse of the day today really made me stop and think. "Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as it fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear" Ephesians 4:29

No comments:

Post a Comment